Data Analytics Engineer
We are looking for people who has passion of working with large scale of data in a fast pace growing environment. Those who understand life cycle of data from creation to decision making.
This position requires engineering large scale data systems including analyze, design, develop, test, QA and support. Candidate will be working closely with other engineering/ops/executive teams to gather requirements and build a system, which can solve their data requirements.
The candidate is expected to be self motivated, set goals and meet aggressive timelines. The candidate will also be working with other members of the development team which are located in different geographical region.
- Design and implement technical solutions that touch on database, ETL, data mining, and reporting technologies.
- Participate in scalability assessments and technology evaluations.
- Work with other teams including sales, marketing, data analytics to understand their data requirements
- Data management to cater growing data volume
- BS/MS Computer Science from top Engineering Schools
- Expert in handling terabytes scale data
- Hadoop/Hive/Pig or Columnar database experience
- Data modeling / Data warehousing / BI experience a must Data collection and ETL collection
- Sound programming knowledge of Java/Python High proficiency in SQL and No SQL database
- Experience working on open source BI tools
- Ability to organize and present data to different customers
- Proven Ability to deliver under pressure
- Good Communication skills
- Enjoy fast moving startup culture
- Team player
Nice to have
- Business perspective through education or on job
- Loves watching TV
- Competitive base salary
- Stock Options
- Full benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Easy walking distance from Caltrain
- Free Caltrain passes
- Free parking
- Free gourmet lunch Wednesdays
- Close proximity to downtown Mountain View eateries
- On-site massage
- Life insurance
- On-site snacks/beverages/gourmet coffee
- Open dog policy
- Ping Pong, etc.