Senior Platform Engineer
As platform software engineer you will contribute to the Peel platform building on component and SOA principles, participate in design and architecture decisions, and collaborate with automation and operations teams to continually deliver stellar features. You will constantly strive for clean code, testability, scalability, and performance.
- Own product features and deliver solid solution
- Proactively participate in improving the existing product capabilities
- Work on building common component for security, logging, analytics, etc.
- Work on enabling large-scale interoperating services, e.g., solving issues of naming and discovery of services, etc.
- Work on service enablement so more services can be shared
- Participate and contribute to Peel’s technology standards and engineering best practices
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related degree
- 6+ years experience designing and developing complex Java backend systems
- Solid foundation of engineering practices with experience building highly scalable systems that serve millions of users
- Strong skills in distributed architecture and object-oriented design principles
- Experience with AWS, e.g., Elastic Beanstalk, SQS, SNS, ElastiCache, etc.
- Experience building and testing REST APIs using best practices for API design
- Experience with various API security models
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases: MySQL, DynamoDB, etc.
- Experience with Message Queuing, ESB, JSON, XML
- Experience in caching frameworks/technologies
- Experience developing components using SOA approach
- Experience in application performance testing and tuning
Nice to have…
Experience with big data frameworks, e.g., Hadoop, HBase, etc.
Experience with Continuous Integration tools, e.g., Jenkins
- Competitive base salary
- Stock Options
- Full benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Easy walking distance from Caltrain
- Free Caltrain passes
- Free parking
- Free gourmet lunch Wednesdays
- Close proximity to downtown Mountain View eateries
- On-site massage
- Life insurance
- On-site snacks/beverages/gourmet coffee
- Open dog policy
- Ping Pong, etc.